FULL-TIME ADULT CLASSES • 11.5-MONTH PROGRAM • 32.5 HOURS OF TRAINING PER WEEK
Why the James Rumsey Technical Institute School of Practical Nursing?
- 50 Year History — Oldest Program at JRTI.
- Students receive education and varied clinical training in the areas of skilled nursing care, acute care, wound care, respiratory therapy, pediatrics, OB, medical surgical, mental health, growth and development, nutrition, pharmacology and geriatrics.
- New for 2021 state-of-the-art $81,000 Anatomage table.
- Over $20,000 of recent renovations in new state-of-the-art equipment, including 12 lead EKG, Cardiac Monitor, Realistic Manikins, IV Pump, etc.
- Continued history of high caliber LPN graduates.
Courses of Study
9123A Practical Nursing I
9124A Practical Nursing II
9125A Practical Nursing III
9126A Practical Nursing IV
9127A Practical Nursing V
9128A Practical Nursing VI
9129A Practical Nursing VII
9130A Practical Nursing VIII
9131A Practical Nursing IX
9132A Practical Nursing X
9066A Introduction to Healthcare
9068A Science Clinical Experience
9067A Essentials of Addiction and Prevention
Acute Care Hospitals
Urgent Care Centers
Long Term Care
Medical and Surgical Offices
Travel Nurse Agencies
Mental Health Facilities
Do You Meet the Prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- Must be in good physical health as evidenced by a physical examination prior to the first day of class. A drug screen is required in addition to a criminal background check. Information given after acceptance at New Student Information session.
What to do Next
- Fill out an online application.
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov. This is not a James Rumsey Technical Institute Requirement, but it is a requirement if you plan to receive Federal Financial aid (PELL grant); you cannot receive a PELL grant without having first completed your FAFSA. JRTI school code is (008355).
- Go to www.atitesting.com to register and pay for the TEAS 7 test offered at James Rumsey Learning Center (select dates November 2022 – early March 2023).
- Complete TEAS 7 entrance exam (Nursing Department must receive official scores by 3/17/23 for 2023-24 class). Benchmark Reading score 69%, Overall score 58.7%
- Interview email yes/no. Testers who meet benchmark scores are guaranteed to receive an email to interview.
- Yes/no acceptance email
- Pay the registration fee
- Complete TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) in the Learning Center. Receive Medical Terminology login upon completion of TABE.
- Attend required new student information session 5/10/2023. Information session topics include requirements such as medical screening, background check, BLS certification (AHA CPR and AED only), drug screen, up to date immunization records(s), proof of health insurance, etc.
- Complete financial aid process with financial aid/guidance counselor
- Complete Bridge course offered in the Learning Center May 2023 (dates to be determined).
- Complete online Medical Terminology course offered by the James Rumsey Learning Center
- Pay tuition/fees (July 2023 – dates to be determined)
Consumer Disclosure Letter
James Rumsey Technical Institute is committed to providing all potential students with information regarding their rights and responsibilities as mandated by the United States Department of Education. While the following information may be found in more than one location, we are providing you with direct links to access this information. We will provide a paper copy upon request. If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the school directly.
- JRTI Net Price Calculator: www.jamesrumsey.com under financial aid and on program pages. (please note that JRTI does not provide room and board, therefore living costs are estimated and may vary greatly according to a student’s individual circumstances)
- Gainful Employment Information: www.jamesrumsey.com under Policies.
- Course schedule and textbook information: www.jamesrumsey.com on each program page.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) information: www.jamesrumsey.com under Policies.
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention information: www.jamesrumsey.com under Student Resources
- Copyright Infringement Policy: www.jamesrumsey.com under Policies and on page 18 of the student handbook.
- Voter registration information: www.jamesrumsey.com under Student Resources
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy: www.jamesrumsey.com under Policies and as part of the JRTI Financial Aid Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Fire Safety Report: www.jamesrumsey.com under Documentation.
- Crime Report: www.jamesrumsey.com under Documentation.